Monday, May 22

Design...did anyone ever stop and think its true meaning? Shall we.....

If you actually look up the word design in a dictionary or on the web most will quite break it down to its simplest form, which in many ways is what you need to apply while designing for the web.
I found some nice ones that have helped me approach the simplistic side of design.
-the act of working out a form of something
-create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner
-conceive or fashion in the mind
-invention:the creation of something in the mind (my personal fav)

I like to define design as a moment of expression that lasts for about a few seconds, minutes if your'e lucky; when nothing stands between you and the board.
But i also do believe as a designer that not everything i design has come out of a moment. What im trying to say is that not everything i design is good. Only 5% of everything i design is good so what do i do with the 95%? Well i make sure that 5% is well distributed on the page so as to compliment the remaining mediocre or nearly satisfactory 95%. This is where most good design formulae come from. Try it out! pick out a piece of art, web page, anything that you consider to be a design. See how many parts of it you love and how much you find satisfactory. The above will become more obvious to you than ever before when you find the answer!


Post a Comment

<< Home